10 things to *be* in the 10 days of dhul Hujjah;
Today marks the beginning of one of the *best* days in the year! Alhamdulilah we lived to witness the 10 days of dhul Hujjah!
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:
“There is no deed more precious in the sight of Allah, nor greater in reward, than a *good deed* done during the ten days of Sacrifice.”
*Planning* increased acts of worship and good deeds like we do in Ramadan is essential to reap the multiplied rewards and blessings;
1. Be a Mukhlis taa’eb (*Sincere repentant*) someone who decides that today also marks the beginning of a new leaf in my book of deeds!
2. Gain taqwa through *fasting*! If one can’t fast the 9 days; fasting the day of arafah shouldn’t be missed! (expiates the sins in previous year and upcoming one!)
3. Be charitable and love it more than you love money spent on anything else! know that you give yourself when you give to *charity*…it all comes back to you invested and in the best of ways! try giving daily in these 10 days (whatever you can give!)
4. Enlighten your heart and soul with the words of Allah: Recite the *Qur’an* with reflection and a present heart… even if a few pages…
5. Humble yourself before your creator and make *dua* knowing with certainty that all you ask for will be answered! Write a list of dua (idea> 10 for the 10 days!) and recite these dua everyday as much as you can > in your sujood, driving, after salah, etc
6. Be visible in the Sight of Allah when most are sleeping in *Tahajud / Qiyam*… Alone, with family or a group of friends – just like in Ramadan!
7. Be from the best of Ibaad of Allah; the ones who constantly *remember Him* (swt)… busy your tongue with thikr (and avoid backbiting at all costs!)
8. Be an active believer > *Help* those who need help in your community (visit a sick person, babysit a new mums baby or kids while she rests, cook dinner for a family grieving a death, comfort a person struggling with anxiety or depression, etc)
9. Purify your heart by forgiving those who you imprisoned inside it! Let them go… This is the best time for *forgiveness* and letting go (of how others should’ve been when they weren’t > leave everyone to their own journey…we are all flawed… forgive and be free)
10. *Breathe and reflect* consciously everyday in those ten days daily and see how much this will reflect on your mood, dealings with others, khushu in salah, etc
May Allah accept hajj from those who are in Hajj now, forgive the ones who aren’t performing hajj, and facilitate and grant a hajj next year to whoever hasn’t been yet!