Allah ‘azza wa jall never descends to the lowest heaven during the day except for today, the Day of ‘Arafah. He is close to you and wants to hear your prayers and worship. He is close and has left the door open.
“Allah draws close on the ‘ashiyyah (time between ‘Asr and Maghrib) of ‘Arafah and boasts to the angels” –Narrated by Ahmad
And the prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said, “The best thing that I have uttered, I and the prophets before me is ‘There is nothing worthy of worship except Allah alone, having no partners. To Him is the Dominion and to Him is the praise. And He is able to do all things.”- Narrated by Al-Tirmidhi
Umar ibn Al-Ward said, “ Ataa Al-Khurasani said to me,
‘If you have the ability to seclude yourself in the after ‘Asr period on the day of ‘Arafah then do so.’ “
Abdullah ibn ‘Umar would raise his voice at the after ‘Asr period on the day of ‘Arafah and say, “There is nothing worthy of worship except Allah alone, having no partners. To Him is the Dominion and to Him is the praise. And He is able to do all things. Oh Allah! Guide us by Guidance and beautify us by Taqwa and forgive us in first life and the hereafter.”
Then he would lower his voice and say, “ Oh Allah I ask You from Your Grace and Generosity provision that is pure and blessed. Oh Allah You have commanded supplication and have decreed upon Yourself to respond, and You do not break Your promise or betray Your covenant. Oh Allah what You love of goodness make beloved to us and facilitate for us. And what You dislike of something then make it disliked to us and divert away from us. And don’t take away Islam from us after you have granted it to us.”
‘Abdullah ibn Al-Mubarak said, “I came to Sufyan Al-Thawri at the after ‘Asr period of Arafah, he was on his knees and teary eyed. I asked him, ‘who is the worst state on this day?’
He responded, ‘The one who does not think that they will be forgiven.’”
Ibn Taymiyyah said in his Majmu’ Al-Fatawa “It may be that the mercy that descends upon the pilgrims at the after ‘Asr period of ‘Arafah and upon those who attended the gathering, that its blessings spread out to encompass those who were not in attendance (due to legitimate reason) so that they would also have a portion of accepted supplication and a share along with those who are present (there).
Abu ‘Uwana said, “I saw Al-Hassan Al-Basri on the day of ‘Arafah after ‘Asr sit and supplicate and make remembrance of Allah.”
One of the righteous said, “By Allah I never made a supplication on the day of ‘Arafah except that it would become manifested before a year would be completed.”
So show Allah from yourself goodness today.
10 comprehensive supplications
1) Oh Allah! Grant us goodness in this world and in the hereafter goodness, and protect us from the hellfire.
2) Oh Allah forgive all of my sins; the small of them and the great, the first of them and the last of them, the hidden of them and the apparent of them.
3) Oh Allah I ask you for guidance, tawa, chastity and self sufficiency.
4) Oh Allah I seek refuge in you against the turmoils, attacks of misfortunes, and evil of judgement and joys of the enemies.”
5) O Allah! I seek refuge in You against the declining of Your Favours, passing of safety, the suddenness of Your punishment and all that which displeases You
6) O Allah, I seek refuge with You from knowledge that is of no benefit, a heart that is not humble, a supplication that is not heard and a soul that is not satisfied
7) O Allah, make my religion easy for me by virtue of which my affairs are protected, set right for me my world where my life exists, make good for me my Hereafter which is my resort to which I have to return, and make my life prone to perform all types of good, and make death a comfort for me from every evil
8) O Allah! I seek refuge in You from helplessness (to do good), laziness, cowardice, senility, and miserliness; and I seek Your Protection against the torment of the grave and the trials of life and death].” Another narration adds: “wa dala’id-daini wa ghalabatir-rijal (And from the burden of indebtedness and the tyranny of men
9) O Allah! Forgive my errors, ignorance and immoderation in my affairs. You are better aware of my faults than myself. O Allah! Forgive my faults which I committed in seriousness or in fun deliberately or inadvertently. O Allah! Grant me pardon for those sins which I committed in the past and I may commit in future, which I committed in privacy or in public and all those sins of which You are better aware than me. You Alone can send whomever You will to Jannah, and You Alone can send whomever You will to Hell-fire and You are able to do all things.
10) Oh Allah You are the King, O Allah, You are the Sovereign and there is none worthy of worship but You. I am Your slave, I have wronged myself and I acknowledge my sin. Forgive me all my sins for no one forgives sins but You. Guide me to the best of manners for none can guide to the best of them but You. Protect me from bad manners for none can protect against them but You. I am at Your service, all goodness is in Your hands, and evil is not attributed to You. I rely on You and turn to You, blessed and exalted are You, I seek Your forgiveness and repent to You
Recite these supplications and share with your loved ones.