Bismillah Walhamdulillah Wassalatu Wassalamu ala Rasulillah
Laytul Qadr or the Night of Power is the pinnacle of the blessed month of Ramadan, and is the equivalent of spending 1000 months in worship of Allah SWT!
The Prophet SAW ordered us to search for Laytul Qadr in the last ten nights of Ramadan during the odd nights. However, we recommend you treat EVERY night of the last ten nights with the same amount of effort and fervour, because you don’t want to risk losing this beautiful night!
So here are our top tips to make the most of these last ten nights:
1. Prepare yourself by writing out your dua checklist of all the things you want to make dua for – you can section them into duas for the home, personal duas, family, health, wealth, duas for others and for the ummah.
2. Take regular naps during the day, so that you are ready and refreshed for your worship at night.
3. Pick a room in your home (if you are not going to the mosque) and make it clean and comfortable. Have with you: Quran, Hisnul Muslim (Fortress of a Muslim dua book or other authentic supplications) and water, fruit and dates so you have everything you need to hand.
3. Make thikr often with the recommended supplication for these last ten days which is:
Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibb al-afwa fa’affu ‘anni
(Oh Allah, you are Forgiving and you love forgiveness, so forgive me)
4. Vary your acts of worship so you don’t get tired. You can alternate between the Quran, Qiyaam, dhikr and dua.
5. Be generous in your duas! You wouldn’t ask a King for a penny, and Allah SWT is the King of Kings, so be GENEROUS in asking Allah for plenty and don’t limit yourself to Allah’s blessings or limit what Allah is able to give you! Ask of good and Allah will give you good!
6. Make dua in sujood, in the witr, in qiyaam etc and make it ABUNDANTLY
7. Be hopeful in Allah’s Mercy and CERTAIN that Allah WILL respond. Making dua half-heartedly means you’re not fully engaged with connecting with your Lord and also means you have no confidence in your own duas!
May Allah SWT grant us all forgiveness in this blessed month and may ALL of our duas be answered ameen!