Verily, We created man from a drop of mingled sperm so that We may test him; and therefore We made him hearing and seeing. We have indeed showed him the way, now he be grateful or ungrateful. (76:3)
Some Reasons Why Allah Tests Us by Problems :
The problems we face will either defeat us or develop us – depending on how we respond to them. Unfortunately, most people fail to see how Allah wants to use problems for good in their lives. They react foolishly and resent their problems rather than pausing to consider what benefit they might bring.
Here are five ways Allah wants to use the problems in our life:
- Allah uses problems to DIRECT us. Sometimes Allah must light a fire under us to get us moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change. Is Allah trying to get our attention? “Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways.”
- Allah uses problems to INSPECT us. People are like tea bags…if we want to know what’s inside them, just drop them into hot water! Has Allah tested our faith with a problem What do problems reveal about us? “When we have many kinds of troubles, we should be full of joy, because we know that these troubles test our faith, and this will give us patience.”
- Allah uses problems to CORRECT us. Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It’s likely that as a child our parents told us not to touch a hot stove…. But we probably learned by being burned. Sometimes we only learn the value of something… health, money, a relationship,… by losing it. “It was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to Allah’s laws.”
- Allah uses problems to PROTECT us. A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents us from being harmed by something more serious. “You intended to harm me, but Allah intended it for good…”
- Allah uses problems to PERFECT us. Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. Allah is far more interested in our character than our comfort. Our relationship to Allah and our character are the only two things we’re going to take with us into eternity. “We can rejoice when we run into problems…they help us learn to be patient.. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust Allah more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady.”
Here’s the point:
Allah is at work in our life – even when we do not recognize it or understand it. But it’s much easier and profitable when we cooperate with Him.
“Success can be measured not only in achievements, but in lessons learned, lives touched and moments shared along the way”
Allah Knows Best…